Kingspan Insulbreak 65 – Aircell Insulation
Australian-made Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak® 65 is a 3-in-1 insulation, vapour barrier and thermal break insulation solution for steel-framed construction. In steel-framed buildings Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak® 65 delivers the R0.20 thermal break required for NCC BCA compliance, reducing thermal bridging and conductivity between building elements. Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak 65 is also commonly used in non-steel framed applications such as timber framed roofs.
Benefits of Air Cell Insulation- Insulbreak 65
- 3-in-1 Insulation, thermal break and vapour barrier
- Delivers a R0.20 thermal break solution for steel-framed construction
- Helps achieve a 6-star house energy rating
- Fibre-free, non-allergenic, non-irritant
- Quick and easy to install
- Strong, tough, durable
- Water-resistant and unaffected by moisture
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal vap
- Rodent and insect resistant
- Compliant with AS/NZS 4859.1
- CodeMark-certified for BCA compliance
- Made in Australia SAIG-CM20029
Kingspan Insulation is a market leading manufacturer of innovative ultra-thin flexible insulation products and super high performance rigid insulation products for building fabric and building services applications. Kingspan roofing products are among the most advanced in the world, and the company is committed to providing the world market with high quality, innovative products supported by technical expertise and customer service which is unsurpassed in the industry. Kingspan Insulation has a vast product range including optimum performance next generation insulation solution OPTIM-R™; super high performance rigid thermoset phenolic Kooltherm® insulation; flexible fibre-free reflective insulation AIR-CELL®; high performance rigid Therma™ insulation*; and high performance rigid Styrozone® insulation. The extensive range of products is suitable for a variety of applications including:
- pitched roofs;
- flat roofs;
- tapered roofing systems;
- cavity walls
- solid walls
- insulated dry lining;
- timber and steel framing
- externally insulated cladding systems;
- externally insulated render systems;
- soffits; and
- ductwork in building services application
Kingspan AIR-CELL® products are manufactured, tested and packaged in conformance with AS/NZS 4859.1. The contribution of the product Total R-values depends on installation and environmental conditions. The R-value will be reduced in the event of the accumulation of dust on the upward facing surfaces and in those cavities that are ventilated.
Characteristics of Kingpsan Air-cell Insulbreak 65
Recycled Content Approx 3%
Recyclability Waste not recyclable. Roll width to suit most applications to minimise on site waste
Re-usability Re-usable if removed with care (long term of service expected
Water Use No water used in Kingspan Insulation’s manufacturing process
Processing Greenhouse Gas Emissions No Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Kingspan Insulation’s manufacturing process
Ozone Depleting Substances None present in the finished product or in Kingspan Insulation’s manufacturing process
Packaging Contains approx 10% recycled product Packaging 100% recyclable
Transport Distribution policy incorporating the principals of ISO 14001
Embodied Energy 43 MJ/m2 approximately
General Installation Requirements of Air-cell Insulbreak 65
Fit Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak 65 neatly around doors, windows, and any penetrations, and tape if necessary to prevent air leakage.
- When taping a plastic squeegee or blade must be used to apply appropriate pressure to the tape. Surfaces must be dry and free from dust, oil or grease prior to taping
- Leave minimum 50 mm clearance around heat producing flues or light fittings (refer to light fitting manufacturer).
Aircell insulation can be damaged by intense heat above 105° C and contact with sparks and flame from blow torches, welders, cutting tools, etc. must be avoided. The installer must make due provision for safety when installing Kingspan AIR-CELL® in any application.
Safety Information – Storage and Handling
- No personal protective equipment required
- UV protective sunglasses and screen should be used when installing in direct sunlight.
- Ensure at least 50 mm clearance from hot flues and light fittings (check for safe distance with lighting supplier).
Foil facings are conductive to electricity – avoid contact with un-insulated electrical cables and fittings.
Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak 65 insulation products must be transported and stored in its protective packaging and kept clean and dry. Standing rolls on end reduces risk of damage should moisture be present in the packaging. Surfaces must be kept free of contaminants such as dust and grease, and must not be stored with foil surfaces in contact with alkaline materials i.e. wet cement, lime, etc.