Kingspan Air-Cell Insulbreak 80
Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak 80 is a 3-in-1 insulation, thermal break solution and vapour barrier for steel-framed construction. In steel-framed buildings Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak® 80 exceeds the R0.20 thermal break required for NCC BCA compliance, reducing thermal bridging and conductivity between the building elements. Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak 80 is also often used in non-steel framed applications such as timber framed roofs.
Benefits of Insulbreak 80
- Delivers a R0.20 thermal break solution for steel-framed construction
- Is a 3-in-1 Insulation product, thermal break and vapour barrier
- Will help to achieve a 6-star house energy rating
- Fibre-free, non-allergenic, non-irritant
- Fast and easy to install
- Made from tough, durable material
- Water-resistant and not affected by moisture
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
- Rodent and insect resistant
- Complies with AS/NZS 4859.1
- CodeMark-certified for BCA compliance
- Made in Australia SAIG-CM20029
Kingspan Insulation is a world reknown manufacturer of super-thin flexible insulation products and super high performance rigid insulation products for building fabric and building services applications. Kingspan Insulation is committed to providing the world market with high quality, innovative products supported by technical expertise and customer service which is unsurpassed in the industry. Kingspan Insulation’s extensive range of products is suitable for a variety of applications including:
- pitched roofs;
- flat roofs;
- tapered roofing systems;
- cavity walls
- solid walls
- insulated dry lining;
- timber and steel framing
- externally insulated cladding systems;
- externally insulated render systems;
- soffits; and
- ductwork in building services application
Kingspan AIR-CELL® products are manufactured, tested and packaged to conform with with AS/NZS 4859.1. The contribution of the product Total R-values depends on how the product is installed, and also the environmental conditions. The R-value will be reduced if dust is allowed to accumulate on the upward facing surfaces and in any ventilated cavities.
Environmental facors of Kingpsan Air-cell Insulbreak 80
Recycled Content Approx 3%
Recyclability Waste not recyclable. Roll width to suit most applications to minimise on site waste
Re-usability Can be reused if removed with care
Water Use No water used in Kingspan Insulation’s manufacturing process
Processing Greenhouse Gas Emissions No Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Kingspan Insulation’s manufacturing process
Ozone Depleting Substances None present in the finished product or in Kingspan Insulation’s manufacturing process
Packaging Contains approx 10% recycled product. The packaging is 100% recyclable
Transport Distribution policy incorporating the principals of ISO 14001
Embodied Energy 43 MJ/m2 approximately
Basic Installation Requirements of Air-cell Insulbreak 80
Fit Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak 80 neatly around doors, windows, and any penetrations, and tape as required to prevent air leakage.
- When taping a plastic squeegee or blade should be used to apply appropriate pressure to the tape. Surfaces must be dry and free from dust, oil or grime prior to taping
- Leave at least 50 mm clearance around heat producing flues or light fittings (refer to light fitting manufacturer).
Kingspan AIR-CELL® can be damaged by intense heat and any contact with sparks and flame from blow torches, welders, cutting tools, etc. must be avoided. Remember that safety comes first in any insulation installing project.
Safety, Storage and Handling
- No personal protective equipment required to handle Insulbreak 80
- UV protective sunglasses and screen should be used when installing in direct sunlight.
- Ensure at least 50 mm clearance from hot flues and light fittings (check for safe distance with lighting supplier).
Foil facings are conductive to electricity – take care to avoid any contact with un-insulated electrical cables and fittings.
Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak 80 insulation products must be transported and stored in its protective packaging and kept clean and dry. Standing rolls on end reduces risk of damage should moisture be present in the packaging. Surfaces must be kept free of contaminants such as dust and grease, and must not be stored with foil surfaces in contact with alkaline materials i.e. wet cement, lime, etc.