Flecther Permastop Blanket Insulation for Roofs
To increase the comfort and energy efficiency of the buildings we work and live in, the right choice for effective insulation performance is Permastop Blanket. As more and more buildings, both commercial and domestic, are being built with metal deck roofing and metal wall cladding the need to install the right building insulation is crucial.
The Right Thermal Insulation
Fletcher Permastop glasswool blanket insulation faced with Sisalation® is available in material R-value of R1.3, R1.8, R2.5 and R3.0 and nominal thickness of 55mm, 75mm, 100mm and 130mm. With the requirements of the Building Code of Australia demanding a Total R-Value of R3.2 in many constructions you can be confident that correctly installed, Fletcher Permastop will comply. Installing the correct insulation greatly improves the comfort of occupants by reducing the extremes of temperature and thereby reducing the need for artificial heating and cooling saving money and helping the environment.
The Right Acoustic Insulation
Metal Deck roofing and wall cladding is a popular choice due to it’s lightweight, economy and suitability for the Australian climate. While many people enjoy the sound of rain on the roof it can become deafening in extreme conditions, especially hail. Permastop is not only an effective thermal insulation but acts as a baffle to reduce sound transmission both from outside and inside sources. The acoustic performance of 75mm Permastop building blanket can reduce rain noise by as much as 18dB(A) compared to a metal roof with no insulation. This product also stops noise from the rapid expansion of metal deck roofs under the sun. For both domestic and commercial applications this insulation is the right choice to control noise down under.
Condensation & Dust Protection
When you create an atmosphere of warmth or coolness inside the building or home in contrast to the outside temperature, condensation can form on the underside of the metal roof or wall. To aid in the control of condensation this product is faced with a moisture barrier of high quality Sisalation® foil. Not only does the Sisalation enhance the thermal quality of this glasswool insulation it also acts as a non-permeable barrier to moisture. Another bonus is that the transmission of dust is reduced and in bushfire prone areas this product assists in preventing burning embers from entering the roof space. Permastop glasswool insulation is non-combustible.
The Benefits of Permastop Building Blanket
- Provides excellent thermal insulation properties, keeping homes and buildings cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- Minimises the risk of condensation.
- Reduces energy usage to deliver cost savings.
- Excellent acoustic properties – reduces rain noise.
- Faced with industry leading Sisalation® reflective foil laminate.
- Available in customised lengths to improve installation efficiencies.
- FBS-1 Glasswool Bio-Soluble Insulation® – safe to use.
- Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) certified.
- Codemark certified.
- Manufactured from up to 80% recycled content.
- Satisfies Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) requirements of 0-40 in roof applications and 0-FZ in wall applications (in accordance with AS 3959 – 2009).
- Australian made.
Quick Install Tips
- The total R-value of the insulation depends on how it is installed. It may be greater or less than the Material R-value of the product.
- Where aesthetics is of critical importance,we recommend installing the foil layer separately followed by the glasswool building
- Prior to and during installation,the Building Blanket must be kept dry.
- This Building Blanket is not designed to withstand weathering; hence external cladding shall be applied without delay. The product is not
suitable for applications where subject to wetting or excessive moisture.
- The foil surface shall face inward, except in tropical climates where the foil often faces outwards for condensation control
- This Building Blanket can be easily cut with the use of a sharp knife and a straight edge to compress the insulation.
- For more install tips please click here.
Achieving a More Sustainable Outcome
Measures that satisfy the needs of people today while enhancing the quality of life for future generations. The demands on nonrenewable resources for the production of energy are not sustainable without compromising the environment. Insulation, correctly specified and installed, is one of the most critical products in improving energy efficiency and thereby reducing the growth of greenhouse gas emissions. Fletcher Insulation™ is committed to providing environmentally sustainable products and utilises approximately 70% recycled glass in the production of glasswool insulation. These insulation products comply with the Green Star Insulant ODP Emissions credit requirement, avoiding the use of ozone depleting substances in both manufacture and composition.