Kingspan Insuliner® Insulation for Warehouses
Kingspan Insuliner is designed for warehouses and commercial or industrial sheds where the insulation acts as the wall or ceiling lining. Kingspan AIR-CELL Insuliner is the latest in thermo reflective insulation technology with the most advanced fire performance characteristics, achieving a Group 2 classification to NCC fire ratings for wall and ceiling linings. Kingspan AIR-CELL Insuliner comprises a cross-linked, closed-cell insulation core sandwiched by highly reflective foil facings. Read more about the fire performance of Kingspan Insuliner here.
Video - How Ordering Works
- Group 2 NCC fire classification
- Insuliner is strong, tough, durable
- Water-resistant and unaffected by moisture
- Rodent and insect resistant
- Flammability Index ≤ 5
- NCC and AS/NZS 4859.1 compliant
- 3-in-1 Insulation, vapour barrier and radiant barrier
- Made in Australia
- Kingsan Insuliner is quick and easy to install
Group 2 Fire Performance
A Group 2 fire performance classification means that the product can be used in most areas of buildings apart from fire-isolated exits and fire control rooms, and some un-sprinklered corridors. Kingspan AIR-CELL Insuliner is the only pliable reflective insulation currently available in Australia (at the time of publishing) which achieves a Group Number better than Group 41 and can therefore be used to demonstrate compliance to the NCC fire performance requirements in warehouses and commercial or industrial sheds where conventional internal wall or ceiling linings are not applied.
The roof insulation installed over the purlins shall be classified as Group 2 in accordance with NCC fire classification for wall and ceiling linings and shall be Kingspan AIR-CELL Insuliner fibre-free, thermo reflective insulation, comprising a cross-linked, closed-cell foam core sandwiched with an anti-glare foil facing on one side and a plain foil facing on the other side manufactured by Kingspan Insulation, and shall be installed in accordance with the instructions issued by them.
1. Lay Kingspan AIR-CELL Insuliner perpendicular to purlins ensuring a 50 mm overlap into the gutter.
2. Allow a nominal 40 mm sag between purlins. If mesh is used, ensure that the mesh is installed loosely to allow for this sag.
3. Overlap by 50 mm at joins and apply 72 to 100 mm reinforced foil tape to top of join. Alternatively allow 150 mm overlap when joins are not to be taped.
4. End joins should be overlapped by 600 mm if not taped. 5. Fix roof sheeting by screwing through Kingspan AIR-CELL Insuliner to the purlins
The wall insulation fixed to outside of the girts shall be classified as Group 2 in accordance with NCC fire classification for wall and ceiling linings and shall be Kingspan AIR-CELL Insuliner fibre-free, thermo reflective insulation, comprising a cross-linked, closed-cell foam core sandwiched with an anti-glare foil facing on one side and a plain foil facing on the other side manufactured by Kingspan Insulation, and shall be installed in accordance with the instructions issued by them.
1. Fix Kingspan AIR-CELL Insuliner loosely to the outside of the frame leaving flexibility for the insulation to be dished between the frame members.
2. Cut Kingspan AIR-CELL Insuliner carefully around the windows, doors and other openings, so that it neatly abuts to the frame.
3. For neatest finish, butt join sheets, alternatively overlap by 50 mm and tape with 72 mm wide reinforced foil tape.
4. Provide an outer air space by adhering the Kingspan AIR-CELL Spacer Biscuits to the outer face of the Kingspan AIR-CELL Insuliner (approximately three Biscuits per square meter are required).
5. Fix outer cladding.