Kingspan Air Cell Insulwhite® Thermo Reflective Insulation
Australian-made Kingspan Air-Cell Insulwhite ® is the next generation in reflective insulation, representing an evolutionary improvement from traditional bubble insulation. The innovative crossed-linked closed-cell core of Kingspan Air-Cell Insulwhite® has better thermal resistance than traditional bubble insulation of the same thickness and improved fire safety, complying with more stringent international fire standards. Kingspan Air-Cell Insulwhite® comprises a cross-linked, closed-cell insulation core sandwiched by a highly reflective foil facing on the upper side and a white facing on the other side
Video - How Ordering Works
2 in 1 Ceiling Lining and Thermal Insulation
Kingspan Air Cell Insulwhite® is designed to provide a protective, corrosive resistant for use in a variet of applications including show rooms, sport centres and retail warehouses where a white ceiling-like appearance is desired. Exposed rafter ceiling insulation effectively removes the need for a hanging ceiling or similar – Air Cell Insulwhite has a clean finish, in addition to providing an excellent level of protection from the radiant heat emitting through the roof above. If you’re converting an attic into a dwelling, think Insulwhite! Of course it’s possible to install thermal bulk insulation between the exposed rafters, and attach plasterboard or another lining. But with Kingspan Air-Cell Insulwhite, you get a 2 in 1 insulation solution – lining and insulating your ceiling at the same time. For other ceiling insulation options, please visit our ceiling insulation page.
Below are some of the benefits of Kingspan Air-Cell Insulwhite
- Innovative cross-linked closed cell insulation core
- 3-in-1 Insulation, vapour barrier and radiant barrier
- Helps achieve a 6-star house energy rating
- White face for visible aesthetic finish
- Fibre-free, non-allergenic, non-irritant
- Quick and easy to install
- Strong, tough, durable
- Water-resistant and unaffected by moisture
- Rodent and insect resistant
- Flammability Index ≤ 5
- Compliant with AS/NZS 4859.1
- CodeMark-certified for BCA compliance
- Made in Australia
Kingspan Air-Cell Insulwhite Installation Instructions (metal roof retrofit/attic conversion)
- Attach one end of the Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulwhite® to the underside of the first rafter to be covered.
- Roll out Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulwhite® underneath the rafters with the white side facing inwards.
- Fix to the underside of the rafter using 25 mm button head timber screws with a white painted head, and min. head diameter 12 mm.
- Use 4 screws across the width of the roll at rafter, with one 25 mm from each edge and the other two at approx. 430 mm centres.
- For neatest finish, butt join rolls and tape joins with white 72 mm wide tape. Alternatively, rolls can be overlapped by 50 mm and taped
- Neatly cut Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulwhite® around penetrations and any windows and doors, and tape to seal.
- Leave at least 50 mm clearance around heat producing flues and light fittings.