Kingspan White Tape – High Strength, Flexibility, Conformability
- Install the Kingspan Insulation products taut and without significant sag or ‘slack’.
- Use a minimum 72 mm (for commercial and retrofit buildings) or 48 mm (for residential buildings) wide reinforced foil tape for sealing joins.
- Check that the surface to which the tape is to be adhered is free from any contamination such as dust, dirt, oil or silicones. If in doubt, clean surface with a clean rag andmineral turpentine, and wait until dry before applying.
- Make sure that the tape is centred on the join so that there is equal coverage on either side of the join.
- Use a plastic squeegee or blade to apply adequate pressure to the aluminium tape – the more surface contact is achieved the better the result.
- Follow the contours of the substrate. Avoid pulling the tape taught or try to flatten the contours out with the tape. Allow the Kingspan tape to conform to the irregularities of thesurface, then rub down. When the tape has been applied with adequate pressure it should be seen to follow the contours of the insulation and the texture of the insulation facing should be visible through the tape.
- When sealing angled joints in longitudinal direction, apply the tape in short sections to one side of the join. Using a blade or squeegee, rub it down as far as possible into the corner and then apply to the other side of the join.