Kingspan Kooltherm K10 FM G2W Soffit Board – White Foil Facing
Kingspan White Kooltherm K10 Soffit Board is a super high performance, fibre-free rigid thermoset closed cell phenolic insulation core, sandwiched between an upper tissue-based facing and a lower facing of white aluminium foil autohesively bonded to the insulation core during manufacture.
Video – How to Install Kooltherm K10
Kingspan Kooltherm K10 FM G2W Insulation
- Super high performance rigid thermoset phenolic insulation
- Fibre-free, closed cell insulation core
- White finish
- Resistant to water vapour
- Group 2 NCC fire classification determined in a full room ISO 9705 test in accordance with AS/NZS 5637
- No CFC or HCFC used in manufacture
- Has zero ODP and low GWP
- Made in Australia
White-Faced Insulation for Concrete Soffits
If correctly applied, Kingspan Kooltherm® products can be expected to have a long life of service.Their durability depends on the supporting structure and the conditions of its use. Kingspan Kooltherm® products are warranted for a period of 10 years for both residential and commercial installations, subject to the terms of the complete Kingspan Kooltherm® warranty document which is available upon request or downloadable from www.kingspaninsulation.com.au.
Concrete Wall Installation (Clip/Channel System)
- Install chosen furring channel clips at required spacing for plasterboard lining.
- Fit Kingspan Kooltherm® over furring channel clips by pushing over the clips to abut the wall, and so that the wings of the clips penetrate the board. Care should be taken to avoid the
foil facing of the Kingspan Kooltherm® separating from the insulation core by neatly trimming the foil face at the point where the furring channel clip penetrates the insulation.
- Butt join boards of Kingspan Kooltherm® to provide a continuous insulation layer.
- Install furring channels by clipping into channel clips. Furring channels should be tight against the face of the Kingspan Kooltherm®. Where furring channels are not tight to the insulation contact Kingspan Insulation Technical Service for further advice.
- Install plasterboard lining.
Taping, Cutting, Packaging, Storage and Handling
It is considered best practice to tape joins of Kingspan Kooltherm® boards in this system with 48 mm wide reinforced aluminium foil tape. When taping a plastic squeegee or blade must be used to apply appropriate pressure to the tape. Surfaces must be dry and free from dust, oil or grease prior to taping. Cutting should be carried out either by using a fine toothed saw, or by scoring with a sharp knife, snapping the board over a straight edge and then cutting the facing on the other side. Ensure accurate trimming to achieve close-butting joints and continuity of insulation. According to quantity, the boards are supplied in packs, labelled and shrink-wrapped in polythene.
The packaging of Kingspan Kooltherm® should not be considered adequate for long term outdoor protection. Ideally boards should be stored inside a building. If, however, outdoor storage cannot be avoided then the boards should be stacked clear of the ground and covered with an opaque polythene sheet or weatherproof tarpaulin.Boards that have been allowed to get wet should not be used.
Features and Benefits of White Kooltherm K10
Pricewise Insulation sells a wide range of thermal and acoustic insulation products. In addition to Kingspan, we sell Autex GreenStuf, Knauf Earthwool, Fletchers Pink Batts and Bradford Gold Batts. If you have any questions or require a special delivery quotation, don’t hesitate to Contact Us!