Kingspan Air-Cell Permicav XV™ Commercial Insulation
Australian-made Kingspan AIR-CELL Permicav XV™ is the next generation of vapour-permeable insulation. This evolution, specifically designed to reduce the risk of condensation in walls with cavities, has improved vapour transmission by five times compared to old technology. The micro perforations allow water vapour to permeate through while keeping moisture out and maintaining thermal resistance.
Kingspan AIR-CELL Permicav XV™ is manufactured with a patented perforated closed-cell core sandwiched by highly reflective foil facings.
As thermal performance requirements for the building fabric continue to rise, condensation is becoming an increasingly important design consideration for healthy buildings. Ineffective management of moisture and vapours can potentially lead to indoor health issues and structural defects which require expensive remedial works. New improved Kingspan AIR-CELL Permicav XV™ reduces the risk of interstitial condensation by allowing vapour to permeate through tiny perforations even better.
Benefits of Kingspan Air-Cell Permicav Insulation
- 5x higher vapour transmission than previous generation
- Reduces the risk of condensation
- Helps achieve a 6-star house energy rating
- 3-in-1 insulation, vapour-permeable membrane and radiant barrier
- Wall cavities remain unfilled and accessible for services such as plumbing and electrical
- Fibre-free, non-allergenic,non-irritant
- Quick and easy to install
- Water-resistant and not affected by moisture
- Strong, tough, durable
- Rodent and insect resistant
- Flammability Index ≤ 5
- BCA and AS/NZS 4859.1 compliant
- Made in Australia
Installing Instructions for Air-Cell Permicav Insulation
- Lay outer leaf or brickwork with wall ties in place.
- Clip Kingspan AIR-CELL Spacer BiscuitsTM onto every second wall tie, or as required to maintain a nominal 20 mm air space between the brick face and Kingspan AIR-CELL Permicav
XVTM and push against the brickwork.
- Roll out Kingspan AIR-CELL Permicav XVTM horizontally (antiglare facing installer) and offer up to the wall.
- Cut a slit for each wall tie to penetrate the Kingspan AIR-CELL Permicav XVTM.
- Push Kingspan AIR-CELL Permicav XVTM over the wall ties until it is against the Kingspan AIR-CELL Spacer Biscuits TM.
- Allow a 50 mm overlap at joins with the upper layer overlapping on the outside of the lower, and tape with a 48 mm wide reinforced foil tape
General Installing and Handling Instructions for AirCell
- Fit Kingspan AIR-CELL® neatly around doors, windows, and any penetrations, and tape if necessary to prevent air leakage.
- When taping a plastic squeegee or blade must be used to apply appropriate pressure to the tape. Surfaces must be dry and free from dust, oil or grease prior to taping
- Leave minimum 50 mm clearance around heat producing flues or light fittings (refer to light fitting manufacturer).
Kingspan AIR-CELL® insulation products should be transported and stored in its protective packaging and kept clean and dry. Standing the rolls on end will reduce risk of damage in the event that any moisture be present in the packaging. Surfaces must be kept free of contaminants such as dust and grease, and must never be stored with foil surfaces in contact with alkaline materials such as wet cement and lime.