Kingspan Aluminium Foil Tape – High Strength, Flexibility, Conformability
- Install the Kingspan Insulation products taut and without significant sag or ‘slack’.
- Use a minimum 72 mm (for commercial and retrofit buildings) or 48 mm (for residential buildings) wide reinforced foil insulation tape for sealing joins.
- Ensure that the surface to which the tape is to be adhered is clean and free from any contamination such as dust, dirt, oil or silicones. If uncertain, clean surface with a clean rag and mineral turpentine, then wait until dry before applying.
- Ensure that the tape is centred on the join so that there is equal coverage on each side of the join.
- Use a plastic squeegee or blade to apply adequate pressure to the tape – the more surface contact is achieved the better the result.
- Follow the contours of the substrate. Do not pull the tape taught or try to flatten the contours out with the tape. Let the tape relax into and conform to the irregularities of the surface, then rub down. When the tape has been applied with adequate pressure it should be seen to follow the contours of the insulation and the texture of the insulation facing should be visible through the tape.
- When sealing angled joints in longitudinal direction, apply the insulation foil tape in short sections to one side of the join. Using a blade or squeegee, rub it down as far as possible into the corner and then apply to the other side of the join.