Kingspan Aluminium Foil Tape – High Strength, Flexibility, Conformability
Kingspan Aluminium Foil Tape is a fire retardant reinforced aluminum foil tape providing a vapour seal join in aluminium faced insulation products, such as Insulshed. Designed for use in the insulation and air conditioning industries, Kingspan Aluminium Foil Tape is pressure-sensitive for exceptional adhesion and has early fire hazard properties. The nature of the backing gives Kingspan Aluminium Foil Tape a rare combination of high strength, flexibility and conformability.
- Install the Kingspan Insulation products taut and without significant sag or ‘slack’.
- Use a minimum 72 mm (for commercial and retrofit buildings) or 48 mm (for residential buildings) wide reinforced foil insulation tape for sealing joins.
- Ensure that the surface to which the tape is to be adhered is clean and free from any contamination such as dust, dirt, oil or silicones. If uncertain, clean surface with a clean rag and
mineral turpentine, then wait until dry before applying.
- Ensure that the tape is centred on the join so that there is equal coverage on each side of the join.
- Use a plastic squeegee or blade to apply adequate pressure to the tape – the more surface contact is achieved the better the result.
- Follow the contours of the substrate. Do not pull the tape taught or try to flatten the contours out with the tape. Let the tape relax into and conform to the irregularities of the
surface, then rub down. When the tape has been applied with adequate pressure it should be seen to follow the contours of the insulation and the texture of the insulation facing should be visible through the tape.
- When sealing angled joints in longitudinal direction, apply the insulation foil tape in short sections to one side of the join. Using a blade or squeegee, rub it down as far as possible into the corner and then apply to the other side of the join.
Choose Your Date
You can choose your preferred delivery or pickup date at the online checkout. We will contact you the same business date to confirm the dispatch date.
Standard orders are delivered within 1-3 business days in metro areas and 2-4 days in regional areas. Some products have a longer lead time as indicated on the product page.
Leave or Sign
If you won't be home on the day of delivery then please leave a note at checkout to let us know where your order can be left. Please choose a dry area out of the rain.
Returns must be made within 30 days of purchase and will incur a 15% restocking fee. An extra fee will also apply if you need a courier to collect the leftover material.