Kingspan Kooltherm K10 FM G2 Soffit Board Insulation
K10 FM Soffit Board is a super high performance, fibre-free rigid thermoset phenolic insulation core, sandwiched between an upper tissue-based facing and a lower facing of highly reflective aluminium foil autohesively bonded to the insulation core during manufacture.
Kooltherm K10 FM G2 Features
- Super high performance rigid thermoset phenolic insulation
- Fibre-free, closed cell insulation core
- FM approved to Class 1 fire rating Class Number 4880
- Group 2 NCC fire classification determined in a full room ISO 9705 test in accordance with AS/NZS 5637
- Resistant to water vapour
- No CFC or HCFC used in manufacture
- Has zero ODP and low GWP
- Compliant with AS/NZS 4859.1
- Made in Australia
10 Year Product Warranty
If correctly applied, Kingspan Kooltherm® products can be expected to have a long life of service.Their durability depends on the supporting structure and the conditions of its use, however products are warranted for a period of 10 years for both residential and commercial installations, subject to the terms of the complete Kingspan Kooltherm® warranty
document which is available upon request or downloadable from www.kingspaninsulation.com.au.
Concrete Wall Installation (Clip/Channel System)
- Install chosen furring channel clips at required spacing for plasterboard lining.
- Fit Kingspan Kooltherm® over furring channel clips by pushing over the clips to abut the wall, and so that the wings of the clips penetrate the board. Care should be taken to avoid the
foil facing of the Kingspan Kooltherm® separating from the insulation core by neatly trimming the foil face at the point where the furring channel clip penetrates the insulation.
- Butt join boards of Kingspan Kooltherm® to provide a continuous insulation layer.
- Install furring channels by clipping into channel clips. Furring channels should be tight against the face of the Kingspan Kooltherm®. Where furring channels are not tight to the insulation contact Kingspan Insulation Technical Service for further advice.
- Install plasterboard lining.
Taping, Cutting, Packaging, Storage and Handling
It is considered best practice to tape joins of Kingspan Kooltherm® boards in this system with 48 mm wide reinforced aluminium foil tape. When taping a plastic squeegee or blade must be used to apply appropriate pressure to the tape. Surfaces must be dry and free from dust, oil or grease prior to taping. Cutting should be carried out either by using a fine toothed saw, or by scoring with a sharp knife, snapping the board over a straight edge and then cutting the facing on the other side. Ensure accurate trimming to achieve close-butting joints and continuity of insulation. According to quantity, the boards are supplied in packs, labelled and shrink-wrapped in polythene.
The packaging of Kingspan Kooltherm® should not be considered adequate for long term outdoor protection. Ideally boards should be stored inside a building. If, however, outdoor storage cannot be avoided then the boards should be stacked clear of the ground and covered with an opaque polythene sheet or weatherproof tarpaulin.Boards that have been allowed to get wet should not be used.