K12 Framing Board For Commercial Use
Kooltherm K12 Framing Board is a super high performance, fibre-free rigid thermoset phenolic insulation, faced on both sides with a low emissivity composite foil autohesively bonded to the insulation core during manufacture. This reflective, low emissivity surface improves the thermal resistance of any cavity adjacent to the board. The K12 Framing Board is manufactured without the use of CFCs/HCFCs and has zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP) and low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
If correctly applied, Kooltherm® products can be expected to have a long life of service.Their durability depends on the supporting structure and the conditions of its use. Kingspan K12 is warranted for a period of 10 years for both residential and commercial installations, subject to the terms of the complete Kingspan Kooltherm® warranty
document which is available upon request or downloadable from www.kingspaninsulation.com.au.
Concrete Wall Installation (Clip/Channel System)
- Install chosen furring channel clips at required spacing for plasterboard lining.
- Fit Kooltherm over furring channel clips by pushing over the clips to abut the wall, and so that the wings of the clips penetrate the board. Care should be taken to avoid the
foil facing of the insulation panels separating from the insulation core by neatly trimming the foil face at the point where the furring channel clip penetrates the insulation.
- Butt join boards to provide a continuous insulation layer.
- Install furring channels by clipping into channel clips. Furring channels should be tight against the face of the Kingspan Kooltherm®. Where furring channels are not tight to the insulation contact Kingspan Insulation Technical Service for further advice.
- Install plasterboard lining.
Taping, Cutting, Packaging, Storage and Handling
It is considered best practice to tape joins of Kingspan Kooltherm® boards in this system with 48 mm wide reinforced aluminium foil tape. When taping a plastic squeegee or blade must be used to
apply appropriate pressure to the tape. Surfaces must be dry and free from dust, oil or grease prior to taping. Cutting should be carried out either by using a fine toothed saw, or by scoring with a sharp knife, snapping the board over a straight edge and then cutting the facing on the other side. Ensure accurate trimming to achieve close-butting joints and continuity of insulation. According to quantity, the boards are supplied in packs, labelled and shrink-wrapped in polythene. The packaging of Kingspan Kooltherm® should not be considered adequate for long term outdoor protection. Ideally boards should be stored inside a building. If, however, outdoor storage cannot be avoided then the boards should be stacked clear of the ground and covered with an opaque polythene sheet or weatherproof tarpaulin.Boards that have been allowed to get wet should not be used.
Features and Benefits of Kooltherm K12
- Super high performance rigid thermoset phenolic insulation
- Fibre-free, closed cell insulation core
- Can be used between studs or as an insulating sheathing
- Suitable for use with timber frame and steel frame wall constructions
- Can eliminate cold bridging
- Resistant to the passage of water vapour
- Easy to handle and install
- Ideal for new build or refurbishment
- Manufactured with a CFC/ HCFC-free blowing agent that has zero ODP and low GWP
- Compliant with AS/NZS 4859.1
- CodeMark-certified for BCA compliance