10mm Foilboard Insulation
Foilboard Green Rigid Insulated Panels are designed for use in walls, floors and roofs. These products are made in Australia from a fire retardant expanded polystyrene core (FR-EPS) with pure aluminium foil directly laminated to both sides.
Three main features were achieved creating Foilboard:
- Superior Insulate
- Thermal Break
- Non-permeable Moisture Barrier
Foilboard Insulation is a non-itchy product that is easy to cut and install. These rigid insulation panelss are suitable for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
10mm Foilboard R-Values
The R-values of foil insulation products such as Foilboard depend on how they are installed. Please refer to the information brochures in the ‘Specifications’ tab for further details.
Benefits of Foilboard Rigid Insulation:
- Increases thermal efficiency of the building
- Reduction in energy usage and therefore an increase in energy savings
- Foilboard insulated panels are impervious to moisture
- An insulated panel can be Installed without gaps
- Lightweight and fast to install foil insulation board
- Achieves high R-values without the need for reengineering the building’s design
- Fire retardant insulation panel
- Formaldehyde, CFC & HCFC free
- The insulated panels have Zero Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC’s)
- 100% Australia made and owned
What is the difference between rigid insulation sheets and batts?
Foilboard® GREEN rigid board insulation will maintain the same thermal performance (R-value) for the life of the insulation panel. It will not sag and it will not delaminate. Foilboard® Australia backs its Foilboard® GREEN with a 25 year performance guarantee. Fully endorsed by Standards Australia, the Foilboard® GREEN rigid insulation panel is the premium insulation product in its market, both in manufactured quality and product performance and that is why it is backed by a 25 year performance guarantee. This durable rigid panel is specifically designed to achieve exceptionally high thermal values, making it the ideal product. Unlike traditional bulk insulation and blankets, this rigid panel will not shrink, sag or droop, ensuring that the building performs to its optimal thermal value from day one, to year 25 and beyond. The insulation board cost depends largely on its R-value (also known as R-rating) however bulk order discounts are also available.
Foilboard Installation Guides
Foilboard Insulation is designed for a range of applications including walls, ceilings and underfloor areas. Click on the links below to learn how to install Foilboard Insulation in different applications.
- Brick Veneer Walls
- Cladded Walls
- Brick Cavity Walls (Double Brick)
- Blockwork and Concrete Walls
- Commercial Suspended Ceilings
- Suspended Slab
- Cathedral or Skillion Roofs
- Panel Lift Garage Door
- Shed or Garage
- Underfloor using Saddles
- Underfloor Retro-fit using Flexifast Fasteners
- Underfloor Retro-fit using Standard Fasteners