Kingspan Air-Cell Insulbreak 90 (Previously Insulbreak 80)Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak 90 is a 3-in-1 insulation, thermal break solution and vapour barrier for steel-framed construction. In steel-framed buildings Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak® 90 exceeds the R0.20 thermal break required for NCC BCA compliance, reducing thermal bridging and conductivity between the building elements. Kingspan AIR-CELL Insulbreak 90 is also often used in non-steel framed applications such as timber framed roofs.
Benefits of Insulbreak 90
- Delivers a R0.20 thermal break solution for steel-framed construction
- Is a 3-in-1 Insulation product, thermal break and vapour barrier
- Will help to achieve a 6-star house energy rating
- Fibre-free, non-allergenic, non-irritant
- Fast and easy to install
- Made from tough, durable material
- Water-resistant and not affected by moisture
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
- Rodent and insect resistant
- Complies with AS/NZS 4859.1
- CodeMark-certified for BCA compliance
- Made in Australia SAIG-CM20029
- Pitched roofs
- Flat roofs
- Tapered roofing systems
- Cavity walls
- Solid walls
- Insulated dry lining
- Timber and steel framing
- Externally insulated cladding systems
- Externally insulated render systems
- Ductwork in building services applications
Basic Installation Requirements of Air-Cell Insulbreak 90Fit AIR-CELL Insulbreak 90 neatly around doors, windows, and any penetrations, and tape as required to prevent air leakage.
- When taping a plastic squeegee or blade should be used to apply appropriate pressure to the tape. Surfaces must be dry and free from dust, oil or grime prior to taping
- Leave at least 50 mm clearance around heat producing flues or light fittings (refer to light fitting manufacturer).
Safety, Storage and Handling
- No personal protective equipment required to handle Insulbreak 90
- UV protective sunglasses and screen should be used when installing in direct sunlight.
- Ensure at least 50 mm clearance from hot flues and light fittings (check for safe distance with lighting supplier).
- Foil facings are conductive to electricity – take care to avoid any contact with un-insulated electrical cables and fittings.