Foilboard® Spacer Blocks
Foilboard Spacer Blocks have been designed to be used with double brick cavity walls to achieve a reflective airspace between the Foilboard® and the masonry. Simply slot the spacer block onto the brick tie to install.
Spacer Blocks for Double Brick Cavity Walls
Foilboard Australia Pty Ltd manufactures a range of fixing accessories tailored to suit many construction applications. These Foilboard blank plate fasteners ensure that the material will be installed correctly and maintain its thermal performance for the life of the application. Whether it is for timber or steel frame construction, underfloor applications and even commercial systems, Foilboard® has the right fixings to suit all applications.
Foilboard Insulation Panel is easy to install during the construction of double brick walls. It is customary to run the inner skin of brickwork up at least 1200mm, push Foilboard Spacer Blocks over the protruding wall ties. Following this, push the Foilboard Insulation Panel over brick ties and up against the spacers, taping holes around ties secures the sheet in position. Tape all joins to restrict the transfer of hot and cold air.
Method of calculating quantities of Foilboard
- Measure Floor or Wall area.
- Add 5% to area to allow for cutting and waste, deduct window and door openings.
- If using 2.44m sheets divide the area by 2.93 to give the number of sheets required.
- If using 2.70m sheets divide the area by 3.24 to give the number of sheets required.
- Round up to the next full sheet.
- Floor saddles should be on joists at approx 600mm centres and spaced at 200mm from sheet ends.
- For retro-fits Foilboard should span across the underside of joists and between bearers using three fastners per joist. Joins do not need to be made on a joist and you should tape all joins.
- Generally 1 bag of saddles is required for every 45-50m2 and 1 Role of Green Tape will be required for every 100m2. For retro-fits you will generally require 1 bag of Fastners and 1 roll of Green Tape for every 15-20 sheets, for Aluminium tape you will require one roll for every 10-12 sheets approx. Flexifastners should be used for all sheets 25mm or thicker and you will require 1 bag of 200 fastners for every 15-20 sheets. Or for sheets over 25mm in thickness you can order the plastic plates and supply your own fixing nails or screws. Spacers for brick work you will require 8-10 spacers per m2