What Does R-Value Mean?

What does R-value mean? Insulation R-values in Australia

R-Value measures the material’s resistance to heat transfer – a higher insulation R-Value means a greater resistance to heat transfer and this is an indication of how effective it will be at keeping homes at the desired temperature. It doesn’t matter what the brand is, or whether it’s traditional glass wool or foilboard, the R-rating is what matters. The higher the R-value, the more the material itself is able to prevent heat transfer.

Building a New Home?

Australia is a large country with many different climate zones which means that the insulation requirements in each location can vary significantly. If you are building a new home then you need to check the insulation requirements on your energy report. Keep in mind that you can always upgrade to higher R-values than those specified.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *